Are you searching for Best Electric Dog Fence for German Shepherd?
As a pet owner, you want what is best for your four-legged friend. When it comes to dog fences, there are many options available on the market. But which fence is best for your German shepherd?
In this blog post, we will explore the 10 best dog fences for German shepherds. From traditional fences to more modern and electronic ones, we’ll help you find the perfect option for your furry friend.
So keep reading to find out the best dog fence for your German shepherd!
Are You In Hurry? Then Check Out Below!
PetSafe Wireless Fence Pet Containment System
- The system is easy to set up and use.
- You can customize the boundary size to fit your specific yard.
- The system includes a training mode to help your pet get used to the boundaries
Why a fence is important for a German shepherd
A German shepherd is a large and powerful dog that needs plenty of room to run and play. A fence is an important part of providing a German shepherd with the exercise and stimulation he needs.
In addition, a fence can help keep your German shepherd safe by keeping him confined to your property.
How to choose the right dog fence for your German shepherd
When it comes to choosing the best dog fence for your German shepherd, there are a few things you need to take into account.
First of all, you need to decide what type of fence you want. There are many different types of fences available on the market, including traditional fences, electronic fences, and even underground fences.
Second, you need to consider your budget. Fences can range in price from a few hundred dollars to over a thousand dollars.
Finally, you need to think about the size of your yard. Not all fences are suitable for large yards, and vice versa.
So Keep That in mind select the products below
List of 10 best Electric dog fence for German shepherd
Here are some best dog fences for German shepherds. Lets choose the right one for your loveable pet!
1. Stubborn Dog In-Ground Fence
The Stubborn Dog In-Ground Fence comes with a training guide to help you get started. For hearing-impaired dogs, there are vibration-only receivers available.
- The Stubborn Dog In-Ground Fence is designed for stubborn dogs who need a more intense static correction.
- It has 5 levels of correction as well as a tone plus vibration mode.
- You can choose your in-ground wire gauge depending on your dog’s size and the surrounding area.
- It comes with a training guide
- It may be too intense for some dogs.
- You need to buy a receiver for each dog.
The Stubborn Dog In-Ground Fence is specifically designed for stubborn dogs. The system features the highest intensity of static correction with 5 levels of correction as well as a tone plus vibration mode; this system is designed for pets 8 pounds and up.
Choose your in-ground wire gauge depending on your dog’s size and the surrounding area, either Heavy Duty (16 Gauge) or Standard (20 Gauge).
2. Extreme Dog Fence – Second Generation
The Extreme Dog Fence has been updated with new, improved features for the 2nd Generation. The Kit now covers up to 6 acres, and is compatible with new collar options.
- The fence can be expanded up to 6 acres, which makes it perfect for larger properties.
- The collar receiver is waterproof and submersible, meaning your dog can swim without any issues.
- You get a 1 year warranty with your purchase, ensuring that you’re covered in case of any problems.
- The initial investment might be pricey for some people.
- The installation process can be time-consuming.
The 3 antennas and 12x battery check make this one of the most reliable dog fences on the market.
Plus, the waterproof and submersible collar receiver can be submerged up to 10′ deep – your dog can swim with it on and it won’t affect its functionality. This Underground Dog Fence Includes a 1 Year Warranty.
3. PetSafe Wireless Fence Pet Containment System
The PetSafe Wireless Fence is the perfect solution for pet containment. The system includes a portable indoor transmitter, a waterproof collar and an adjustable circular boundary that covers up to 1/2 acres.
- The system is easy to set up and use.
- You can customize the boundary size to fit your specific yard.
- The system includes a training mode to help your pet get used to the boundaries.
- There is no need to bury wires.
- The system can be expensive.
- The electric shock can be a bit harsh for some pets.
This wireless dog fence allows you to create a secure barrier around your yard without the time or hassle of burying wires.
The PetSafe Wireless Fence uses radio-frequency technology to keep your pet safely contained in your yard.
The system works by using a portable indoor transmitter that sends out signals through the waterproof receiver collar worn by your pet.
When your pet approaches the boundary, they will hear a warning tone followed by an electric shock if they cross the line.
The adjustable circular boundary can be customized to fit your specific yard size, and you can move the transmitter and boundary as needed.
The system also includes a training mode to help your pet get used to the boundaries of their new space.
4. Extreme Dog Fence Max Grade Ultimate Performance Electric Dog Fence System
The eXtreme Dog Fence MAX GRADE KIT is perfect for large properties – it can cover up to 25 acres with the widest signal field possible.
- The kit can cover a large area – up to 25 acres.
- The wire is very durable and can last up to 25 years.
- The collar receivers are waterproof and submersible.
- The system is great for multiple dogs.
- The electronics are backed by a 10 year warranty
- The kit is a bit expensive.
- The wire can only be buried and not run above ground.
- The system might be too complicated for some users.
The wire can be run above ground or buried and will still last 25+ years.
The collar receivers are completely waterproof and submersible to 10 feet, and the kit includes 14 Gauge-Plus 60 Mil Wire, 16 Gauge Twisted Wire, Digital Transmitter, Collar Receiver(s) w/ Battery, Surge Protector, Training Flags, Splice Kits, and 10 Staples.
Plus, there’s no limit to the number of dogs that can be trained with this system – so it’s great for large families with multiple pets! This Underground Dog Fence Comes with a 10 Year Warranty on electronics.
5. SportDOG Brand rechargeable in-ground dog fence systems
SportDOG Brand rechargeable in-ground dog fence systems make it easy to contain your pet. The system includes everything you need to cover 1 1/3 acres, and can be expanded to cover 100 acres with more wire and flags.
- The SportDOG in-ground fence system is very easy to install and use.
- The system comes with everything you need to cover a large area, and can be expanded to cover an even larger area if needed.
- The rechargeable collar is very durable and long lasting, with a quick charge time and a battery life of up to two months.
- The collar is also waterproof and submersible, making it ideal for use in any weather conditions.
- The static stimulation levels on the collar may be too strong for some dogs.
- The system is not compatible with cats.
- The system may be difficult to install in very large yards.
The rechargeable collar features lithium-ion batteries with a quick charge and a battery life of one to two months. It’s waterproof and submersible to 25 ft., and has dryer technology for quick drying.
The collar gives a Tone (beep) and vibration (Buzz) warning before moving to one of seven static stimulation levels (low to high) with patented Perfect Bark detection for any size dog.
The static stimulation levels can be customized based on your dog’s temperament, and you can set the system to work with multiple dogs by using a SportDOG Add-A-Dog collar (sold separately).
The transmitter has an adjustable range of up to 10 acres, and the wire can be buried or placed above ground.
6. Sport Dog Brand Contain + Train System
The Sport Dog Brand Contain + Train System – In-Ground Fence Kit with Remote Trainer is a complete containment system for dogs.
The fence covers up to 1 1/3 acres and can be expanded to cover 100 acres with additional wire and flags.
- Complete containment system for dogs
- Covers up to 1 1/3 acres and can be expanded to cover 100 acres
- Waterproof, rechargeable collar with low battery indicator
- Includes fence transmitter, boundary wire, training flags, receiver collar and remote trainer
- Some users have found the boundary wire to be of poor quality
- The remote trainer may not be compatible with all dog breeds
The waterproof, rechargeable collar works with the fence boundary or the handheld remote; you choose when you want it to work with each system (fence, trainer, or both).
Contain an unlimited number of dogs with additional collars (sdf-ctr); train up to three dogs at a time with the remote trainer (sdf-tdr).
Waterproof, rechargeable collar with low battery indicator; Expandable to cover 100 acres with additional wire and flags; Low battery indicator on both fence transmitter and collar receiver.
Includes: Fence transmitter with power adapter, splice kit, 500 ft. of 20-gauge boundary wire, 100 training flags, Receiver collar with long and short contact points, remote trainer with lanyard, charging cradle and adapters for UK, EU, AU and US.
7. Dogtra’s E-FENCE 3500
Dogtra’s E-FENCE 3500 is an advanced underground containment system that keeps your dog safe and secure on your property.
- E-FENCE 3500 is an advanced underground containment system that keeps your dog safe and secure on your property.
- It comes with a range of up to 40 acres, adjustable field width, and easy installation.
- The E-FENCE 3500 allows you to control the area that your dog is in and provides either a shorter or longer field width for your dog to be in.
- It may be too intense for some dogs.
It comes with a range of up to 40 acres, adjustable field width, and easy installation. The E-FENCE 3500 allows you to control the area that your dog is in and provides either a shorter or longer field width for your dog to be in.
The E-FENCE 3500 comes with an advanced filtering system to keep it operating properly.
It prevents outside electrical sources from accidentally activating the receiver collar so you can be sure your dog is only getting containment when you want it.
Additionally, the E-FENCE 3500 has an auto-shut off feature that will turn the system off if your dog crosses the boundary too many times.
This helps to conserve battery life and keep your dog from being needlessly contained.
8. PetSafe Basic In-Ground Dog and Cat Fence
PetSafe Basic In-Ground Dog and Cat Fence is the perfect solution for keeping your pets safe in your yard.
- Easy to install – just bury the wire and plug in the transmitter
- Covers a radius of up to 1/3 acre, or expand up to 5 acres with additional wire (sold separately)
- Low levels of radio energy are harmless to pets but will deter them from leaving your yard
- May not be as effective on larger dogs
- Not recommended for use near ponds, pools, or other bodies of water
This easy-to-install system works by emitting a warning tone when dogs or cats approach the boundary wire, then delivers a harmless static correction if they continue to cross it.
The PetSafe Basic In-Ground Dog and Cat Fence includes 500 feet of wire to create a 1/3 acre play area, which can be expanded up to 5 acres with additional wire (sold separately).
The fence’s transmitter sends out low levels of radio energy that are harmless to pets, but will deter them from leaving your yard.
This is a great way to keep your furry friends safe and secure, while giving them the freedom to roam around in their own backyard.
9. PetSafe Stay & Play Compact Wireless Fence for Dogs & Cats
PetSafe Stay & Play Wireless Fence is a great way to keep your pet safe and secure in the yard. The circular boundary range can be adjusted up to 3/4-acre (22-105 ft in all directions) from the placement of the indoor transmitter.
- Easy to install and it doesn’t take a lot of time.
- Portable so you can take it with you wherever you go.
- Affordable compared to other products in the market.
- Rechargeable which means that you don’t have to go out and buy new batteries every time they die.
- Doesn’t work well with all types of pets.
- May not be very durable and it may need to be replaced often.
- May also not be very effective in larger areas.
If your pet approaches this boundary, he will receive a warning tone and if he continues to approach, he will receive a static correction.
This product also features an LCD display that shows you how far your pet’s play area expands; it has warning indicators on it as well so you know if there is a problem with the fence.
RECHARGEABLE RECEIVER COLLAR: Wireless fence receiver collar is rechargeable and water resistant; Replaceable PetSafe RFA-188 battery lasts up to 2-3 months on a single charge.
10. Pet Control HQ
Pet Control HQ is a pet containment system that uses both an invisible fence and a wireless dog fence.
With the Pet Containment System, you can train your dog to stay in the yard or keep them from getting out of it.
The Pet Containment System includes everything you need for either option:
- A wireless dog fence with a collar that has 7 levels of correction and features safety shut off.
- 492 feet of 20 AWG solid copper core wire (enough for any yard)
- A transmitter with 360 degrees of coverage that provides up to 10 acres of safe area
- A battery backup for the transmitter in case of power outages
- A surge protector for the transmitter
- Boundary flags to help train your dog where the fence is
- A training manual
The Pet Containment System is expandable, so you can add more wire and flags if you need to. You can also buy additional collars for extra dogs.
The system is easy to install and use, and it’s backed by a one-year warranty.
Now that you know a little more about the different types of fences available, which one do you like best? Let us know in the comment section.
We would also love to hear about your experiences with fencing for German shepherds – both good and bad.
And be sure to check back soon, As we will continue to update this blog post with the latest and greatest information on electric dog fence for German shepherds.