Are you in search of Best Dog Hip and Joint Supplement for German shepherd?
If you’re like most dog parents, you want only the best for your furry friend. When it comes to supplements, however, it can be hard to know what’s truly worth investing in.
This is especially true when it comes to hip and joint supplements, as there are so many different products on the market.
To help you make an informed decision, we’ve put together a list of the top 10 best dog hip and joint supplements for German shepherds.
Are You in hurry? Check Out below!
ingredients should you look for in a good hip and joint supplement?
When you’re looking for a hip and joint supplement, it’s important to choose one with quality ingredients.
Look for supplements that contain Glucosamine, Chondroitin, MSM, and Turmeric.
These ingredients have all been shown to be effective in reducing pain and inflammation associated with arthritis and other joint problems.
It’s also a good idea to choose a supplement that is made specifically for dogs.
There are many human supplements on the market, but they often contain lower doses of active ingredients and may not be safe for dogs.
List of 10 best hip and joint supplements for Dog
1. Dasuquin with MSM Chewables
Dasuquin with MSM Chewables is a comprehensive joint supplement for dogs with ASU, a plant lipid shown to be safe in dogs.
- The product is safe for dogs and has been clinically proven to work.
- It helps with joint pain and discomfort, as well as increasing cartilage production.
- MSM also helps keep joints flexible, providing extra comfort.
- The only downside may be the price tag, but it is worth it for a product that works so well.
- Some dogs may not like the taste of the chewables.
Dasuquin provides glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate, which have been researched for their ability to support normal joint function.
Dasuquin also contains avocado/soybean unsaponifiables (ASU), the only ingredient clinically proven to increase cartilage production and help maintain healthy joints.
ASU complements glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate by supporting normal collagen synthesis, which is essential for healthy cartilage.
2. Vet IQ hip and joint supplement
VetIQ hip and joint supplement. This triple-action formula comes with 600mg glucosamine, 210mg MSM and 210mg krill per serving to help support cartilage, lubricate joints, and maintain muscles.
- Made in the USA under strict quality control measures.
- Vet recommended, so you can be sure that it is safe for your dog.
- The supplement comes in a palatable soft chew form which makes it easy for your pet to consume.
- Affordable and cost effective.
- Easy to find, as it is available at leading pet stores and online.
- Contains krill oil which some may deem as controversial.
- Not suitable for pregnant or lactating dogs.
Made in the USA, this supplement is also vet recommended. Hip and joint supplements are a great way to keep your dog healthy and active.
3. Zesty Paws Multi functional Bites
Zesty Paws Multi functional Bites are functional supplement chews with premium ingredients and multivitamins that support physical performance, antioxidants, hip & joint, heart, immune, skin, liver, & gut health for dogs of all ages, breeds and sizes.
- Easy to administer and most dogs love the taste
- Good value for the price
- Ingredients are all natural and of high quality
- Have a positive effect on joint health
- Some dogs may not like the taste
- They may be a bit too large for small dogs
Each bite contains a blend of vitamins and minerals in their active forms to help your dog maintain healthy joints. They also contain no grain or soy derivatives!
Protein: 30% Fat: 15% Fiber: 3% Moisture: 12% Ash 5.6% Calcium 1.5% Phosphorus 1% Magnesium 0.1% Omega-6 Fatty Acids* 2.5% Omega-3 Fatty Acids* 0.5%
4. Pet Honesty Hemp Hip & Joint Supplement
PetHonesty Hemp Hip & Joint Supplement for Dogs is an all-natural, holistic formula that provides the building blocks of support to normal inflammatory response and joint function.
This product contains a powerful combination of ingredients like Glucosamine HCL, MSM, Turmeric, Green Lipped Mussel and Organic Hemp Oil work together to support a normal inflammatory response and provide building blocks for synovial fluid, cartilage and connective tissues.
This natural supplement is designed to help promote healthy joints without the use of harmful chemicals or side effects commonly associated with prescription medications.
It is also safe for use in both small and large dogs, making it a great choice for any pet parent looking to improve their furry friend’s quality of life.
5. Nutramax Laboratories COSEQUIN
Nutramax Laboratories COSEQUIN Maximum Strength Joint Supplement Plus MSM is your veterinarian recommended choice for dogs having difficulties with climbing stairs, jumping into the car, or going for walks.
- Veterinarian recommended joint supplement for dogs.
- Available in a chicken flavored chewable tablet form.
- Manufactured in the United States with globally sourced ingredients.
- High quality, dog joint supplement and is excellent for long-term use and maintenance.
- Some dogs may not be receptive to the chicken flavored chewable tablet form.
- Continued use of this supplement may be necessary for best results.
Formulated to meet a variety of needs, Cosequin supplements are available in a tasty chicken flavored chewable tablet to help your dog maintain healthy joints and support joint mobility.
Manufactured in the United States with globally sourced ingredients, Cosequin is a high quality, dog joint supplement, and is excellent for long-term use and maintenance.
6. Doggie Dailies Glucosamine
Doggie Dailies Glucosamine Soft Chews are a delicious, easy way to give your dog the joint support he or she needs.
- No wheat, corn, soy or animal by-products
- Made with an effective blend of glucosamine and chondroitin
- Supports hip and joint health
- Highly digestible for maximum absorption
- Chicken flavored for a delicious taste
- None found as of yet
Our chicken flavored treats provide an effective blend of glucosamine and chondroitin, plus MSM and other ingredients that help support hip and joint health.
These soft chews are made without wheat, corn, soy or animal by-products so you can feel good about giving them to your dog as part of a healthy diet.
The VetPro brand has been helping dogs and cats for over 30 years. Our dog hip and joint supplement provides a comprehensive solution to help your pet live a healthy life.
- Relieves hip dysplasia and joint pain
- Voted best dog hip and joint supplement by the Dog Food Advisor
- Available in 60-count and 180-count bottles
- May start to see results within 4-6 weeks, but some dogs may take up to 8 weeks
- None found
This glucosamine chondroitin for dogs is designed by Dr. Joseph, a veterinarian with over 30 years of experience in veterinary medicine.
Dr. Joseph’s dog joint supplement was created through his passion to relieve pets from painful arthritis, stiff joints, joint damage, and hip dysplasia.
The glucosamine chondroitin for dogs is the only product that provides relief for hip dysplasia and joint pain.
In fact, it was voted as the best dog hip and joint supplement by the Dog Food Advisor.
For best results, it is recommended to give your dog the supplement daily. You may start to see results within 4-6 weeks, but some dogs may take up to 8 weeks.
YuMOVE is the UK’s #1 vet joint supplement, clinically proven to give visible results in just 6 weeks YuMOVE is triple-action:
- Clinically proven to give visible results in just 6 weeks
- Triple-action formula supports stiffness and mobility, while also protecting joint structure
- Contains Glucosamine and Chondroitin for high-strength joint support
- Hyaluronic Acid lubricates and cushions joints
- Vitamins C & E help maintain joint mobility
- Some users complain that it is expensive
- Others say that the product doesn’t work as well for larger dogs
it supports stiffness and mobility, plus protects joint structure. YuMOVE contains Glucosamine and Chondroitin for high-strength joint support, Hyaluronic Acid to lubricate and cushion (ours reaches the joint within 2 hours!), plus Vitamins C & E to help maintain joint mobility.
And it’s powered by our unique ActivEase Green Lipped Mussel – a super-concentrated extract shown to be 3x more effective than Glucosamine alone.
In a UK vet study of 213 dogs, 89% of owners reported an improvement in their dog’s mobility after 6 weeks on YuMOVE.
So if you’re looking for a vet joint supplement that can really make a difference, ask your vet about YuMOVE today.
9. Pet NC Natural Care Hip and Joint chewables.
Savory in flavor and easy to give, these chewables are made with human-grade ingredients and laboratory tested to ensure they are veterinarian formulated.
- Made with human-grade ingredients and laboratory tested to ensure they are veterinarian formulated.
- Cautioned for use in pregnant animals or those intended for breeding.
- Made in the USA.
- None found as of now.
Cautioned for use in pregnant animals or those intended for breeding, these hip and joint supplements are made in the USA.
Feed 1 chew per 20 lbs. of body weight, 2 times daily. For best results, continue for 30 days.
10. Pet Honesty’s Advanced Hip + Joint chews
PetHonesty’s Advanced Hip + Joint chews are formulated with Glucosamine, MSM, Turmeric and other powerful ingredients to support your dog’s mobility, joint health and ease joint stiffness.
- Glucosamine and MSM to support mobility and joint health
- Turmeric to reduce inflammation and ease joint stiffness
- Vitamin C for a healthy immune system
- No artificial colors, flavors or preservatives
- For dogs of all ages. Easy to give – just 1 soft chew per day!
- Some dogs may not be able to tolerate the ingredients well.
- If your dog is already taking joint supplements, this product may not be necessary.
- This product is not meant for dogs with severe joint issues – only for those with mild to moderate joint stiffness or discomfort.
The advanced formula also includes Vitamin C for a healthy immune system.
These soft chews help maintain cartilage production and reduce inflammation of joints associated with daily activity.
They’re free from artificial colors, flavors or preservatives so you can feel good about giving them to your pet!
What are the signs of hip and joint problems in dogs?
There are a few common signs of hip and joint problems in dogs.
If your dog is experiencing pain when they walk, has trouble getting up or down, seems to be favoring one leg, or has a swollen joint, then they may have a problem.
If you notice any of these signs, it’s important to take your pup to the vet for an assessment. Early detection of hip and joint problems can help ensure that your dog gets the treatment they need.
How do you know if your dog needs a hip and joint supplement?
There are a few ways to tell if your dog needs a hip and joint supplement. If your dog is starting to show signs of arthritis, joint pain, or hip dysplasia, then a supplement may be a good idea.
You can also talk to your vet about whether or not a supplement would be beneficial for your pup. Overall, if your dog is experiencing any kind of joint pain, a hip and joint supplement could help.
How much should you give your dog per day?
The dosage of a hip and joint supplement will vary depending on the product. It’s important to read the instructions carefully and follow the dosage recommendations.
In general, you should give your dog between 500mg and 1000mg of glucosamine per day, depending on their weight.
Chondroitin and MSM can also be given at doses of around 200mg each per day.
Be sure to speak to your veterinarian if you have any questions about how much to give your dog.
Conclusion on Dog Hip and Joint Supplement for German shepherd
So, now that you know what to look for in a good hip and joint supplement for your German shepherd, it’s time to make a decision.
Which product will you choose to improve your dog’s quality of life? All of the supplements on this list are top-quality products made by reputable companies.
So you can’t go wrong with any of them. But we recommend picking one that best suits your needs and budget. Thanks for reading!
- Top 10 Best Dog Shampoo for German Shepherd in 2022
- Top 10 Best Electric Dog Fence for German Shepherd in 2022