If you don’t know dogs ear’s are more likely to get infected then human, You also have German shepherd dog that is infected with infection.
And, if you are in search of how to cure the German shepherd ear infection, what are the symptoms and prevention, and also home remedies to cure the infection.
Then you’re at the right place for your answer! So lets get start full step by step guide.
German shepherd ear infection symptoms
Sometimes your dog may don’t feel any pain and you don’t even notice from what your German shepherd dog is suffering from, isn’t it?
Maximum times the dogs scratching there ears and due to that their ears swallow, and redness occurs. Many times there ear may smell very bad due to infection.
So those are all the ears infection symptoms, now the question occurs, where the infection actually take place, so below mentioned some of the main areas of infection.
- Otitis Media: Otitis media infection often seen on the middle of the dogs ears, and has no sign on the middle of ears.
- Otitis Interna: This infection often seen internal part of the dogs ears, and has no sign on the external and middle of the ears but you may notice the redness and swallow of ears.
- Otitis Externa: This infection often seen on the outer parts of ears, It is visible so that you can easily cure by following the full guide mentioned below!
how to cure german shepherd ear infection
If your German shepherd is suffering from an ear infection, there are a few things you can do to help cure it. Here are a few tips:
- Clean the ear canal with a gentle, non-irritating solution. You can use a mixture of warm water and vinegar, or hydrogen peroxide and water.
- Apply a soothing ointment or cream to the affected area. This will help to reduce inflammation and pain.Take your dog to the vet for a check-up. He or she may prescribe antibiotics or other medications to help cure the infection.
- Cleaning your dog’s ears will not only keep them clean and healthy, but it’ll also prevent infections from developing.
home remedy for german shepherd ear infection
German shepherds are known for their large and floppy ears. While these ears make them look adorable, they also make them more susceptible to ear infections.
If your German shepherd is suffering from an ear infection, there are a few home remedies you can try before taking him to the vet.
- One home remedy is to mix one part white vinegar to three parts water. Place this mixture in a small spray bottle and spray it into your dog’s ear canal.
- Leave the mixture in the ear for a few minutes, then wipe it out with a cotton ball. Do this twice a day until the infection clears up.
- Another home remedy is to mix one part hydrogen peroxide to three parts water. Place this mixture in a small spray bottle and spray it into your dog’s ear canal.
how to prevent ear infections in dogs
Ear infections are a common problem in dogs. They can be caused by a variety of things, including parasites, allergies, and bacteria.
Left untreated, ear infections can cause pain and other serious health problems. Fortunately, there are several things you can do to help prevent your dog from getting an ear infection.
- One of the most important things you can do is keep your dog’s ears clean. Wipe the inside of your dog’s ears with a cotton ball or gauze pad dampened with warm water once or twice a week.
- Be sure to get all the wax and dirt out of the ear canal. If your dog has long hair, trim it short around the ears to help keep the area clean.
- Another important step is to keep your dog’s ears dry. When your dog swims or plays in the rain, be sure to dry his ears off afterward. You can also use a cotton ball dipped in rubbing alcohol to help dry the ears.
- You can also give your dog a supplement of omega-3 fatty acids to help prevent ear infections. These fatty acids are found in fish oil supplements and can help keep the ears healthy and free from infection.
Finally, if your dog does develop an ear infection, be sure to take him to the veterinarian for treatment. Ear infections can be serious and require antibiotics or other medications to clear up.
So, German shepherd are not likely to be infected because their ears are stand up position. so there was less chances to get infected. Although other breeds like Labrador Retriever also has good chances to get infected because they have down ears.
Ear infection is common disease so keep your dogs ears clean, also don’t forget to read the grooming guide for German shepherd.
How do you like our article about curing German shepherd ear infection without any vet. If you want more article the bookmark this website.
Do share this article with whomever you know on WhatsApp, Instagram, also on other social media sites.